Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Ringing in the nude...um, NEW Year



The New Year arrived safely. The SAFELY part is always a concern with the people who consume vast amounts of alcohol and then choose to drive...possibly at the expense of my innocent family members (or yours).




My parents arrived safely home after their visit and a huge snow arrived. The visit was nice and relaxed without much ado. We played cards and ate, even shopped a little. Oprah's Pomegranate Martini's were a big hit. A few photos of mom to prove how much she enjoyed them...



I won't lie, I enjoyed them too - Oprah and I agree, these are a favorite thing! Note to self: need more Sky Citrus Vodka



Ok, a better picture of my folks:



Dad likes to play it tough, but he loves being loved on.






Apes?



Admittedly, I watched most of The Planet of The Apes movies yesterday. They were mesmerizing - truly! Once it began, there was no turning back. Was it my imagination, or did Charlton Heston look much, much older at the end of the first movie (from the beginning)? Linda Harrison had a great part - I don't think she ever said a word. Anyway, I would steer clear of the name 'Cornelius' for my children - that name wasn't very lucky for the Apes.



Knitting


The Bird in Hand mittens are finished...I like them a lot, but Bugg claimed them (don't laugh, My Favorite Youngest Son was going to fight her for them until I promised to make a masculine version). A few photos:



Happy New Year! May 2008 bring you happiness, family times, and fortune.

2 comments:

becky c. said...

Those mittens are great! Hope your Mom doesn't see that picture - you are going to be in trouble.

Corinne said...

Finally, a photo that shows a bird on the mitten! That was driving me crazy about this pattern. Happy new year!