The newspaper covered yet another story about a lottery winner who plunged into certain doom after winning.
Hubs and I participate in the Hillbilly* Retirement Plan - we buy lottery tickets most every week for the major lottery in our State. We have won a free ticket on occasion, but our retirement plan remains largely unfunded by any lottery winnings.
Stories of those who have won significantly (at least $1,000,000. qualifies for significant for these purposes) convey tales of woe, but that does not make me think about how winning would destroy our lives. I remain certain that things for us would be very different and the hope remains that someday the opportunity to prove such will present itself.
Top 10 Things I will do when we win the lottery in no particular order:
1. Buy 1 (at least) of everything from Williams-Sonoma (Hubs knows about this and supports my desire)
2. Hire someone to open our mail and 'deal' with the beggers
3. Become a silent partner in a small business venture
4. Support a charity of our choice
5. Pay a personal shopper to find some jeans that make my butt look great
6. Finish my dental work, pay for it myself, then hire an attorney to sue BC/BS to get the money back
7. Spend the rest of Winter in a warm location
8. Invest significantly
9. Become debt free
10. Take time to organize all of my yarn so I can find what I want when I need it
*This comment is not designed to insult or demean any Hillbilly. I am half Hillbilly and Hubs feels certain he is all Hillbilly thus we are legit in making this statement.