Thursday, July 24, 2008

Jumping for Joy...2 day car socks



Plenty of projects traveled on vacation and the gi-normous car ride allowed time to finish most. Once complete boredom set in, these little socks were cast-on.







Details:
Needles - size 3 and 4 DPNs
Yarn: Cascade Fixation; 1 ball each of color 2625 (blue) and 8001 (white)
This is the first time I've used this yarn. Admittedly, it always seemed cheap to me and the elasticity left me a little doubtful.
Cheap is ok at under $5.00 per ball as long as the yarn performs like this. I wouldn't swap all of my hand dyed yarn for this yarn, but it has created a fan. There is a place for socks that feel like this when you put them on...um, sort of like terry cloth with a firm fit.
These are going into the sock stash to send to Bugg at college (gulp! - less than a month to go).

No comments: