Saturday, September 05, 2009

just nice

Hubs made it home safely and we celebrated by dining at a local Italian restaurant. The restaurant was new to us and is just what we've been longing for in our new haunt. We splurged for a terrific bottle of Chianti and enjoyed each other's company. I felt like a stuffed sausage afterward and realized I haven't eaten that much in quite awhile.





On the knitting front, there has been a lot more time to finish projects during the past week. There are officially two WIPs (Swirl Shawl just needs blocked, so it does not count) and both are nearing completion.






The Textured Baby Blanket from Itty-Bitty Baby Nursery is coming along fine. I simply need to stitch all of the squares together and then knit on the border. This is knit with KnitPicks Crayon and the color availability concerned me at first. I've gotten past that and think that it is an interesting blanket full of possibilities.






The other WIP is my Camellia top from Rowan. The chart had me struggling due to the size and lack of repeat sections they published. They charted the entire row in very small font. My copier enlarged the chart, but it was still quite small and became blurry in the process. The newest issue of The Knitter published the pattern as a book excerpt - to my delight, their chart was larger font and listed the repeat section. The top is flying like a dream now and I just wonder why it did not occur to me to re-chart it in the first place.

2 comments:

Jeanne said...

The baby blanket is adorable - I love the bright colors!

Camellia looks beautiful - and I can relate on the difficulties with the chart - I also would have not thought about recharting it. Glad you found a bigger chart!

Walden said...

Glad he made it home okay and everything. Being separated for any reason sucks. Any who, love the baby blanket!