Sunday, April 27, 2008

From fiber to Fibonacci

It makes me smile to think that knitters and spinners (and other crafters, too) can meet online, meet up for a fiber event, and feel like they've know each other for a long while.

It's a long story about how I came to love Briar Rose Fibers - a 'God' moment, if you will. Needless to say, Chris is a dear friend and my fiber world has been greatly enhanced since meeting here just about 2 years ago. It was through the Briar Rose Knit-along that I met Lisa.

Lisa is a very talented knitter who has designed for Crystal Palace and has recently put some beautiful patterns out on Ravelry which are going to fly off of my needles really soon. We finally met last Friday at CJKopec Creations. What a great day it was! A well-deserved break from graduation and college planning, gardening, and housework (which still needs finished). Anyway, Lisa added to my sock yarn stash build of recent days by bringing this Woolly Boully for my Birthday...she is so sweet!

Coby's studio was a veritable feast of fiber and there was little restrain. Lots of photos are coming, as the fiber is spun up...so here goes.

A little tuft of dreamy deep red merino and bamboo was plied with black merino to become 151 yards of light-as-a-feather yarn. The red is very nice and it spun up beautifully (once I got going). At some time in the future, I would like to get the red and ply it with itself.


Not that some spinning was accomplished, the next cast-on is weighing heavy. Dreams of Fibonacci danced last night and the yarn is very near...a pullover is in my near future!

No comments: