Thursday, June 14, 2007

Clapotis - modeled photos coming soon

..because the kids are still sleeping...


EVERYONE except for me must have finished a Clapotis...well, not anymore!


This Knitty pattern has sucked many a knitter in. I've stalked the Clapotis on blogs and read the woes of those who have began knitting it. Those testaments kept me at bay for a very long while.



Last month I spied a skein of Schaeffer Yarns Laurel in a small LYS. This skein had been fondled by me before and it drew me in again. Surprising because I am not a huge fan of cotton - especially mercerized cotton. On top of all of that, the colorway was Judy Garland - a garish display for my tastes. Yet...it called to me (heh heh, you see where this is going). That skein and a friend of it's followed me home.


Over the weekend, the yarn crawled out of my yarn pile and sat on the table in front of me. We looked at each other for awhile...it screamed Clapotis! I resisted, knowing full well that the color strands would lead to pooling...it screamed back - CLAPOTIS!
I cast-on.


I now own a beautiful finished Clapotis! It is marvelous and drapey. This yarn was the perfect choice for me. The colors remind me of tye-dye...and I love them...yes, even the pooling! Best of all, this will be the perfect beach accessory - I will take pictures to prove it.


So...proceed with the photos but be warned: the following is not for the faint of heart. If you are
extremely adverse to pooling, get out now --- while you still can...

















2 skeins Schaefer Yarns Laurel 100% mercerized pima cotton - Judy Garland; sz 7 needles

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bee-you-tee-ful!

buttercup said...

WOW! Beautiful. I don't think you're getting it back either.