Sunday, November 05, 2006

Impromptu Knitting Just Happens



Where on earth did I find time to knit the Droplet Hat for my daughter? I was on a craze to get that yoga bag finished and felted in time for Monday night yoga class --
I know you're anxiously awaiting the news - did my felted yoga bag get knit?



Yep, looks like I did ok getting that part finished, but estimates pointed to the need to actually FELT the bag late Thursday or early Friday in order for it to be dry in time for use on Monday Night...

I passed on a very tempting day trip with my Hubs Friday to trek to the laundry mat (why do they call it that?) for the felting. My washer is front load and this bag was too large for me to feel comfortable to chance it. The water there was semi-hot resulting in about 20 minutes worth of washing before the dimensions were correct. The finished photo isn't great, but Darby was peeking around the corner and I liked it. -That is Lucy in the background.

The hat came to be as I was feeling satisfied having used up a lot of left over Manos...with the exception of one mostly intact skein. Hmmm, I have been wanting to make that hat in Knitting Nature...

Of course I ran out of yarn and had to track down another skein to finish it. Now I have another mostly intact skein. Hmmm, I wonder if there is enough to make some fingerless gloves...

I didn't travel 45 minutes to a yarn store and not bring home extra goodies...I'll be saving those photos for my next post.

3 comments:

Kristy said...

Your yoga bag is wonderful! And your dogs are precious! Looks like you are having a great weekend. I'm so glad!

Anonymous said...

Okay, where did you shop and what did you buy? And I want to know every thing! SB

Anonymous said...

Dearest, It is a laundromat, not a laundry mat. Your question piqued my interest so I looked it up. Here's the answer:
Laun·dro·mat. trademark. Definition:. North America commercial laundry: a service mark for a self-service coin-operated commercial laundry ...

So basically it's a trademark that is possibly no longer used! However I also discovered that in other areas OTHER words are used...A laundromat (U.S.), launderette (British) or washateria (Southwestern U.S.).

So! There you go. Now, back to more important work. Can you tell I got a laptop? FG