Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Here um are!

All of the kids were home during Bugg's Spring Break and it was the first time in a long time. We were busy and the week flew by, but I managed to get family photos taken - the first in quite awhile. The phrase of the week was 'Here um are'. When my FYS was small and I would call for him, he would respond with 'here um are' and appear by your side. The older siblings took advantage using his wholesome good nature when playing hide-and-seek by yelling for him, knowing that he would answer with 'here um are'. They found him easily every time.


This photo was snapped from the side - we are waiting for the photographer's finished photos to be finished.


It seems to be easy to go for weeks without posting and my blog has been seriously neglected. Truth is that I have been struggling to get knitting completed and photo worthy. There have been 5 wips lounging around my knitting chair for much longer than usual and my urge to complete has been nagging along the way.

see the cut off sleeves on top of the sewing machine?

First up - the Lacy Tea Top by Erika Knight. 4 balls of Kidsilk Haze, how long could that take? Turns out L-O-N-G!


The color I chose was difficult to match. This top should be belted and coordinating ribbon was located, but it needed a belt buckle. One was ordered and arrived...the ribbon was too large for the buckle. I've re-ordered, but it has been nearly 2 weeks and it has still not arrived.




The largest obstacle was my decision to make the sleeves longer. I converted the original sleeves written in a rib pattern, to the original lace and thought the longer sleeve would highlight the pretty pattern. This was not a good decision so the sewing machine was dug out. A few stitched lines and the extra length was cut off. Stitches were picked up around the edge and a picot bind off finished it all.

Yes, there are buttons missing. I broke one of the glass beads while sewing it on. It was thrilling to see that there was one card of the same button left at the fabric store, but upon closer examination the button was clearly more yellow than the originals. The hunt for buttons continues!




Esteem was also completed. Knit with two coordinating strands of Briar Rose Wistful and worked on US 10 needles, this came together quickly. My new friend, Eloise, graciously modeled and it is going into the mail to Chris today.

The Mardi Gras vest, Sunday Scarf, and Rivolo are still in the queue. Something should be able to be finished in the near future...

No comments: