Monday, October 13, 2008

Mason Dixon of my very own


While checking bloglines last Thursday night, I discovered that Ann and Kay were going to be at Joseph-Beth Booksellers in Lexington, KY Friday evening. Hmmm, I thought we might have time to run by and get a book signed before picking Bugg up for dinner.









We did have time...barely. Hearing Ann and Kay speak is really worth the trip if they are heading your way. It just reinforces the knowledge that knitters are a family and can communicate in our own langauge (sp. purposely).





The knits in this book are beautiful in person and I did get the little Ann and Kay stamps in my book before scampering out the door to pick up my Bugg.












We visited her sorority house and met friends to watch the game (sadly, lost) while Bugg took her brother tailgating. It is ok, we trust them! They must have missed us because they arrived at our location with friend in-tow before the first quarter was over.



I love these kids!







We spent a lot of time together this weekend and was able to meet more friends and parents of friends. LOTS of food was consumed and we even took in a movie...Nights in Rodanthe - miss it, TOTALLY miss it, don't even rent it because you will be disappointed.


We blinked and it was time to leave.
What an exhausting trip...in a good way.

I woke this morning to a beautiful view. Winter weather is around the corner and I struggle, but it is easier this year. Focus on other things and staying busy is how to cope.


As promised, there was a lot of car knit time and the Ella jacket is approximately half finished. Don't gasp - it will fit when finished. The colors are lovely and I marvel over and over at this yarn. It is Briar Rose Charity and plans are being made in my head for another project with this fabulous yarn.



It has been monikered 'Greenella'

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Adorable.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a fun weekend! The jacket is looking good!