Tuesday, December 18, 2007

What I finished today




The photos could never do this scarf justice. I set up the camera on self timer and tried to take modeled shots, but kept getting the door and door knob or just a small portion of the scarf and a lot of chin (where did all of that chin come from anyway?).









Settling for these few shots will suffice for now. 2 skeins of Handmaiden Silken in the Glacier colorway and a bunch of beads ordered from Joggles.com for the price of a song.

For my next project:
Hubs also asked for a 'plain old hat'. I've been making these 'plain old hats' for the past two years and he said, "no, you know - a plain old hat".


Hmm...that got me to thinking and I dug out my copy of Never Knit Your Man a Sweater, flipped to the Watch Cap and proudly produced the page for him to see.


YES! That is the kind of hat he wanted. I was not thrilled - how fun can inches upon inches of 1x1 ribbing be? Turns out it wasn't much fun, but I whipped it up in a day or so and he was SO thrilled that the pain of the 1x1 rib was soon forgotten. As soon as my favorite youngest son spied the hat, he begged for one "just like this". OMGoodness, inches upon inches of 1x1 rib again. Seems that we'll do anything for these guys we love so much.
I've named this hat Watchful Cap because my husband is ever watchful over me. He takes care of all the little things necessary to keep me safe and loved.
1 skein of Cascade 220 in charcoal #8400 (picked-up at Knit a Round's sale bin in Ann Arbor last weekend for around $4.00) on size 7 needles.

1 comment:

doulicia said...

That scarf is gorgeous! At first I thought it was "just" dropped stitches in between the rows. Then I saw the beads. Wow! How carefully made.