Tuesday, March 20, 2007

When friends knit you socks



What does it take for someone to knit something for you?


This picture was taken from my favorite knitting spot on our couch. I'd been feeling under the weather and was feeling extremely pitiful for myself when I looked up and realized that I must be very lucky. My friend, Mitzi, knit me these socks that I call 'good-n-plenty'. I loved those socks from the moment she cast-on...and they ended up being for me!


I'm going out on a limb here, but I can only remember two people ever knitting something for me - Kristy, my ISE3 knit pal, knit me an incredible scarf - and Mitzi knit me these socks.
Knowing how much effort and time go into handcrafting such wonderful gifts make them even more precious to receive.
So, there I was, with my feet up, in front of a fire, candles lit, happy thoughts, knitting in my hands, and a smile on my face to think of how lucky I am to have a friend who cares enough to knit something just for me!

3 comments:

Kristy said...

I agree 100%. It isn't the "thing" that someone knits for you, it is the love that goes into it. You are the only who has ever knit for me and it is just the best feeling. I think partially, that is because we know the time and care that goes into the whole process - the yarn selection, the swatching, the pattern planning, the hours of knitting...You really are blessed. (And me, too!!)

P.S. I think I've decided to knit the baby blanket from the Pima Cotton Silk a la your ISE Scarf! :)

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, where's your head on the scarf picture? Don't cut it off, we LOVE your face! Theresa

Anonymous said...

Is there anything in particular you'd like me to knit for you? We're going to Threadbear Monday!!!
Love, SB