Saturday, January 20, 2007

When non-knitters embrace our passion...

A belated Christmas present arrived today to remind me how much my Hubs aka BDCH loves me.

My husband doesn't 'get' why I have a passion for knitting - yarn, patterns, blogging, KAL, but he 'gets' me and knows how integral a part of my life knitting is. He ordered these customized labels to be attached to the things that fly off my needles - right, wrong, ugly (yes, a few), or beautiful - I now have my own labels to stake claim that I've created.

He always pretends to listen as I rave about the blog, a new participant for the Briar Rose KAL, the newest shipment of yarn that arrived on our doorstep, or just my occasional out-of-the-blue comment of "you know, I LOVE yarn." He smiles, nods, remarks that he does know I LOVE yarn, then goes back to reading the financial news in the paper.

Of course I've completed some knitting - posted on the KAL blog here.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is oh-so-very-wonderfully sweet! What a lucky knitter you are! :)

Chris said...

You need ot knit that guy a sweater....then he'll swooooon over knitting. I know - I've met him....he's got it in him to "swoon"!