Thursday, June 17, 2010

mostly finished


So, most of the thing on my list did get finished. The slip is still floundering, mostly because there isn't much exciting about making a slip that has a sole purpose of NOT showing.

The t-shirts were the easiest project. Pins marked the sewing line and the seam allowance was trimmed out. My son thinks he has lots more shirts that can be fixed up (sigh).

finishing up (6)
Swirl Shawl has been blocked and about 1/4 of the ends are woven.


finishing up (4)finishing up (5)
Both sets of curtains have trim!

finishing up (3)
...and a little bonus. This is my first finished needlepoint project. It was finished up during my month hiatus from knitting
Spring 2010 misc (2)
A better photo. It did not photograph well under glass and always produced some glare. You can't tell, but the green matting matches my wall color perfectly. That was a happy coincidence!

I've been knitting on the Chiara wrap and am very happy with both the yarn and the pattern. It will be gorgeous once it is finished. The pattern was for a scarf, but an increase in stitch count makes the perfect wrap.
Chiara wrap

Finally, a blog friend reminded me that Tour de Fleece will be happening soon. Saffronknits is her blog and I truly love all of the beautiful photos she puts up. Inspired, I became a joiner. You can too - here is the link to the Ravelry group. My plan is to stay with the Peloton this year and see how it goes. There hasn't been much spinning happening here and my wheel might prove a bit rusty.

2 comments:

Walden said...

I love the swirl shawl. I think I might try that after I finish my current shawl. It's has so much movement and color.

Curtains look lovely!

Absolutely love the needlepoint!! So much detail.

Jeanne said...

The needlepoint is gorgeous!

All of the projects are beautiful - and I'm very impressed how much you get done!