The prospects of 2010 excite me. Not because I've been waiting to loose weight, eat better, be nicer. Those things don't need a holiday to begin. I think it is because things feel fresh and new for some reason. Living in our new place has made me extremely happy. The climate is enjoyable and I can't imagine moving anywhere else. Part of me is at peace now and I try to embrace it to carry that feeling to other things in my life.
Looking through 2009, I find satisfaction:
- bought our new home
- received many offers on our old home (side note: we have a contract to sell it right now)
- had all 3 kids here at the same time
- my husband did not have to work long hours (as long as the previous job)
- did not worry about job loss
- paid all our bills
- watched our son undertake a new sport (basketball)
- finally began learning tennis
- began/let go of a part time job
- knitted sufficiently
- met tons of wonderful friends
- joined a health club
Life is good.
It is time to open new photo and blog folders for my 2010 projects. Two will be moving with me from the 2009 folder - the Christening gown and the Silk Shrug. I've been knitting like a fiend on the gown because I think the baby is going to come at any time. It will be finished in time. The shrug consists of many more rows of stockinette stitch. I knit on it sporadically.
There are things I would like to accomplish:
- appreciate my husband more
- become better at tennis
- continue classes at the club
- get our yard/foliage under control
- spin (yarn, not wheels)
- stay in touch with friends
The transition from 2009 to 2010 was another passing night into a glorious sunrise morning.
Again, Life is good!