Wednesday, October 28, 2009

from Louisiana to Kentucky by way of Dallas





This has been the longest stretch. Bugg went back to school at the beginning of August and it took until now for us to see her.
Once we get past this first point, the visits are more frequent.
Thanksgiving, then Christmas break, followed by Spring Break and Summer break up the amount of time between visits.







We flew to Kentucky last Friday and I was disappointed because I knew she wouldn't be there to meet us at the airport. BUT, there she was! Our excitement couldn't be contained and my heart soared when her little face came into view as we descended the escalator. Some friends had driven her over and it was the best surprise that we could have had. As is Bugg's custom, she brought us all gifts. Pop received some bourbon chocolates, FYS got candy, and I received the return of a scarf I've been wanting since Summer. It would have been nice to have a photo of this and the look on my face when she was standing there, but the feeling in my heart could not be conveyed in a photo anyway.

The agenda was tight all weekend. We were able to visit with friends, go to the horse track, and spend time enjoying the Fall weather. It was the first time at a horse race for me and it did not disappoint. I love horses, I love racing, how was this ever missed? We bet small amounts all day long on every race and the kids won more than Hubs and I put together.

The following day, we drove to The Shaker Village. We were not armed with a plan, just the idea to see some beautiful foliage and to spend the day together. It was a perfect day.

Monday came all too soon and we grabbed an early lunch with Bugg before heading to the airport. This is about the time that Hubs began feeling ill. It isn't a wonder because people were coughing and breathing all over each other on the way to Kentucky. I did my best not to breathe the germs, but Hubs captured some that he was certain to pass on to me. I've felt bad for two days and am fighting it with a steady dose of NyQuil. It was still worth the trip and I am anxiously awaiting the holidays when I know Bugg will be here for a more lengthy visit.

5 comments:

Corinne said...

Your family is so adorable.
I always get some upper respiratory thing when I fly. Flight attendants must have the best immune systems ever!

Walden said...

I am glad you got to visit with your daughter.

Anna said...

What great pictures, Kim! Glad you had a good time seeing your daughter.

Linda said...

Your daughter looks so much like you! Sounds like you had a wonderful trip.

Jeanne said...

Great pictures - you have a beautiful family. Sounds like a great weekend - so hard when kids are far away, isn't it?