Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Looking up

I've always said that I didn't know what I wanted to be when I grew up. Shouldn't that decision be well on it's way to being made?

Success has been attained and I had a very equitable career which was enjoyable and challenging. The people I worked with were wonderful and these are things that I truly miss.

My kids are older now and the time we've spent together throughout their teen years has been incredible. I feel like it is time to go get my career back. Not just a job, but my career.


So, what am I going to do about it? If you know me, you can guess that I am already working on a little something-more to come soon.







The Swirlin' Shawl is coming along nicely and is easier to work on once you get into the second row. Jojoland's Melody is nice to work with and I've been intentionally placing color to avoid the random two swirls being very similar.


Can you believe all of those colors come from one colorway?

Rowan's Fine Milk Cotton called my name and I've chosen two (yes, two) sweaters from their Milk Cotton Collection to knit. Of course, I will be changing each design up a bit, but they will be recognizable. I've been having trouble getting gauge on the first sweater and have nearly decided to use size 1 needles and make the smallest size. These sweaters will not be for the faint of heart.


My son's school has been closed this week due to the h1n1 virus. There were no confirmed cases at his building, but it seems that a feeder school who did have a confirmed case houses a sibling who goes to his school. It has been nice having him home this week and it became a little nicer when we found out that he would not have to make the days up.



FYS found this fella heading to one of the ponds in our neighbourhood. We brought him home to show the boys next door and then he was set free.



He may have been smiling.



We are very near the edge of town and there are wooded areas close by. The hackle of coyotes sent chills down my spine last night as we took a dip in the pool. We could tell they were about 20 yards away and they called for awhile before finally stopping. The clubhouse pool is surrounded by a fence, but we were high stepping it back home. The new house is more populated and the possibility for coyote sitings will be somewhat diminished. Darby and Lucy are pretty happy about that!



Countdown to Bugg's arrival: 6 days

3 comments:

Anna said...

Looking forward to reading more about your thoughts on getting back to a career.

And how cute is that turtle???!!!

Jeanne said...

That is an amazing scarf - I saw it at a yarn store recently and it really is beautiful. Amazing yarn!

Jackie's Stitches said...

Love your scarf! How do you like working with the yarn? I saw some comments on Ravelry about it being splitty. I love the color changes though and am thinking of ordering some of it in colorway M27.