Saturday, October 13, 2007

What can 90 miles get you?

A FAB spinning wheel of my very own!

Spinning has called to me for a very long time. Memories of sitting in a shop (90 miles from home) two years ago watching a lady spin on a wheel. Mesmerized! I always knew a spinning wheel was in my future - I tried to suppress it, ignore it, fight it...surrender!



They say that the wheel needs a name so...meet Georgia! Georgia is a sweet thing as far as wheels go and from the moment my feet hit her treadles, she was mine! She is a Kromski Minstrel and I have Chris to thank for making sure I tried a Kromski before purchasing anything else.

I was able to produce some results in the shop - the creamy yarn on top is what I spun to practice.


...And, this is what I spun after getting Georgia home...












Mom-In-Law brought us this bowl from one of her vacations. It has been around for almost 10 years and does not match anything in our house. Turns out that she knew I was going to be needing a spinning bowl long before I ever thought about spinning - rest her lovable soul!





Oh, guess what came with my purchase...


No comments: