Saturday, December 31, 2011

The skein that sparked insanity

cranberry biscotti
On the cusp of a brand spankin' New Year and I find myself sorting through bins of yarn.

My goal (if you can rightfully call it that) is to get every skein of yarn into Ravelry with a photo and bin location. The craziness that sparked this endeavor was my desire to find a skein of sock yarn that I KNEW I had. It nearly became an obsession as every bin was searched and searched through again. Ha! The bins are see through and laziness overtook me - the one skein of yarn was in the middle of a bin and could not be seen through the outside.

Insane.

After finding the skein of yarn, it didn't match for the project in mind. I refuse to buy new yarn, so a suitable substitute was located for some new socks - Cranberry Biscotti. Love this sock and it will be knit, but probably not soon. You see, the Through the Loops annual sock KAL is beginning tomorrow and this will be my third year to participate. The yarn for that sock has been chosen (yes, from the mega stash).

1 comment:

DollHouse said...

I went into Doll House for a Sherri Hill dress and I had the worst time. The staff was rude and no help to me they made me feel as if I didn’t belong into their store. I well never return there and I am glad I didn’t purchase my dress from that store.